A few months ago, upon the 2 year anniversary of initiating my internet service, I noticed that my bill had gone up, due to some of the discounts on the account falling off. I contacted them, and arranged for a new plan (that wasn't very different from my old plan). My new bill was supposed to be $64.99 a month after an autopay/paperless billing discount that I have always had.
Since I was changing my plan, they told me I was eligible for a trial of a service for 30 days. It is not a service I am interested in, so I told them to not even add the trial and I did not want it at all. They said that as long as I didn't activate the trial, then it would not convert to a paid selection. Well, clearly that was a lie.
I got the text this morning that my new bill was ready and it was for NINETY FIVE DOLLARS!!! A full $30 more than it should have been. When I logged in and looked at the bill detail, they had not only charged me for the service I said from the beginning I didn't want ($20) plus removed my autopay discount ($10).
It's usually easiest to chat with them via their app, but it was very glitchy today - I got kicked out of the chat twice, and had to start over, then I finally got mad and called them. I hate having to make phone calls, but in this case, it was the right thing. After about an hour, I was able to have credits applied for the service AND the missed discount, have the service removed from my account, and have the discount re-applied. The majority of the credits have been manually applied to the current bill, so now my autopay for this one will be $72, and then there will be another separate automatic credit on my December bill.
A good reminder to keep an eye on your automated bills and make sure you're not being charged for services you didn't sign up for!!!